Memorial Cup in Rimouski

Any site or group related General Information you want passed on to our members. Site admins and moderators will also post group related topics here.

Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators

Jean-Claude
Gofor
The middle number please (3): 5

Memorial Cup in Rimouski

Post by Jean-Claude » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:50 am

It has just been announced that Rimouski has been awarded the 2009 Memorial Cup. The whole city is tremendously proud to have been chosen to organize this important event. The Oceanics have been the junior team for hockey stars such as Sydney Crosby, Vincent Lecavalier and Brad Richards. And we plan to have a very competitive team in this Tournament.

Jean-Claude

PS Get ready for a true Tail Gate BBQ Party!!!
We are one of the few (left) of the hardwood charcoal manufacturers which uses logs (mostly sugar maple).

Swines&Bovines
Pork Puller

Post by Swines&Bovines » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:18 pm

Congrats! We have it this year and the city is buzzing already! If Rimouski plays like they did against Le Drakkar, they may be making a trip to the cup this year as well and possibly repeat what happened in 2000.
Jason
S&B Southern BBQ & Catering Co.

Proud to partner with...
Buster Rhino's Sauce and Rubs
Conestoga Meats
Central Fresh Market
Duraflame Charcoal
Precent Technologies
Breslau Restaurant Supplies
CancerSucksChicago.com

Jean-Claude
Gofor

Post by Jean-Claude » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:36 pm

They had so many injuries this year.. For a while, we could not recognize the team.. So it is hard to measure their real potential.. I guess peaking at the right time is the name of the game. Would love to see them confront Quebec and Patrick Roy.
We are one of the few (left) of the hardwood charcoal manufacturers which uses logs (mostly sugar maple).

Swines&Bovines
Pork Puller

Post by Swines&Bovines » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:54 pm

I usually cheer for Halifax, but I really don't care as long as Roy doesn't win! I didn't like him as a player, don't like him as a coach and from the looks of things, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!
Jason
S&B Southern BBQ & Catering Co.

Proud to partner with...
Buster Rhino's Sauce and Rubs
Conestoga Meats
Central Fresh Market
Duraflame Charcoal
Precent Technologies
Breslau Restaurant Supplies
CancerSucksChicago.com

Jean-Claude
Gofor

Post by Jean-Claude » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:11 am

You guys probably will have a few bbq catering events during the Memorial Cup?

As for Roy, lot's of talk here about his ability to control his temper. You can blame that on a few wires which may touch each other and may short circuit once in a while. I am a big Monreal fan so I must admit it was not that bad having him around as a goalie at the time. But that was then..