CBA Forum - UPDATE

Any site or group related General Information you want passed on to our members. Site admins and moderators will also post group related topics here.

Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators

harveym
Site Admin

CBA Forum - UPDATE

Post by harveym » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:09 am

The CBA Discussion forum is now a private forum for CBA paid Members only.

For CBA Member access, log in and click "usergroups" under the banner at the top of each page, find the group "CBA Members", request to join and provide your member #.

Harvey
Last edited by harveym on Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

reg
Runner
The middle number please (3): 5

Post by reg » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:21 am

Am i surprised by this members only board ... NOT

reg

harveym
Site Admin

Post by harveym » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:28 am

Sorry reg, but I had enough complaints/suggestions by members who have paid for a voice in the CBA to make it a "paid member only" section.

Lets not confuse BBQTalk with the CBA, I run the forum...not the CBA.

reg
Runner

Post by reg » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:03 am

thats your call Harv but i do think that will cause more harm than help in the long run

have a good one

reg

Duncola
Pork Puller

Thank you

Post by Duncola » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:32 am

If I remeber right from the get-go this was always the direction that this section of the forum was going to take...it was to be a paid members area only. The inner workings of the CBA are not a part of BBQTalk as Harv has rightly indicated and thus not a part of the open forum area.

As a non paying member yet running a team I do not need the CBA laundry aired for my current sponsors nor those I will be approaching for 2009.

They (sponsors) only want/need to know how many events there will be, where and how it will benifet them....period....how the CBA gets there is not for them to know....

So, Thank you Harv! for doing as you said would be done from the beginning...

Duncan aka: Duncola
Thank you to our Generous 2008 Sponsors!
Napoleon Gourmet Grills
P&F Gourmet Meats
Great Charcoal
Two Tree Products - California
Battlefield Equipment Rentals
"The Cat Rental Store"- Canada
Bradley Smokers - Canada
and looking forward to 2009!

Iamarealbigdog
Runner

Post by Iamarealbigdog » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:38 am

I certainly think there is room on the form for two threads, I see the need for an internal members only section, but that should not stop discussion about the CBA in open.

I was also not very encouraged to become a member of the CBA, why should I fund, subsidize one event. However, if want to effect change you either start a new association or make changes from within. With elections coming up I felt that we could effect change and here we are.

With open elections new blood can be brought in. People who are frustrated can see that change for the good is possible. The CBA can represent all of BBQ not just competitions but for education, resourcing and guidance. We all have great experiences to share and only require a veichle to do so

An association provides credibility to what we are and what we do. If we did not want to share, why would we even be on this board.

Just a thought guys...

sburnett
Gofor

Post by sburnett » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:02 pm

Ok I think I followed the instructions as best I could but at no time did I see and opportunity to put in my Member #

So when I went back to attempt it again I am given to believe I have to wait for approval.

My question is this: How long will the approval take and will I have to wait a lengthy time each time I want to read or post?

Bubba-Q

Post by Bubba-Q » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:10 pm

sburnett wrote:Ok I think I followed the instructions as best I could but at no time did I see and opportunity to put in my Member #

So when I went back to attempt it again I am given to believe I have to wait for approval.

My question is this: How long will the approval take and will I have to wait a lengthy time each time I want to read or post?

It's done. Quick enough? : )
There are three types of people in this world; those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wonder what happened, which one are you?

BBQcure
Runner

Post by BBQcure » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:23 pm

Hi Harvey

am I to assume you have a list of paid members of the CBA to verify they are members? I assume you do. if so Please pm me my number as I can not find my card. Also if this is true how many members are there now?

Thanks
Tim

sburnett
Gofor

Post by sburnett » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:36 pm

It's done. Quick enough? : )

Yes Harv I was accepted in under 10 minutes time, maybe less. Thanks a lot for all the work you do. Change is scary for everyone but it usually produces growth.

Sean