Sad Times

Any site or group related General Information you want passed on to our members. Site admins and moderators will also post group related topics here.

Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators

Hippieforever99
Pit Master
The middle number please (3): 5

Sad Times

Post by Hippieforever99 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:12 am

When I think of BBQ I also think of Southern Blues, as they just seem to kinda go together. I lived in Kitchener/Waterloo for just over 20 years until I got married and moved to Niagara Falls. While living in KW I was able to partake in quite a few blues concerts and picnics that were put on there, and got to see and meet quite a few great bands and people. One of these people that I was fortunate to know was a Blues Legend by the name of Mel Brown. Mel loved Kitchener so much that he and his wife moved there quite a few years ago and was embrassed by the people there that loved to hear him play. On Friday March 20/09 I am sad to say that Mel passed away in a Kitchener hospital from respiratory failure. He was truly a Blues Legend and will be greatly missed. His funeral is being held at The Gig Music Hall in Kitchener to help accomodate his fans paying their last respects. For more information on Mels life and funeral arrangements please click on the News link in the following website. www.melbrownblues.com 8) Hippie
Personal Blog: www.bbq-is-a-way-of-life.blogspot.com

JUST LOVIN BBQ WITH A GREAT GLASS OF WINE

Adrienne
Rib Rubber

Re: Sad Times

Post by Adrienne » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:10 am

Sad news, indeed.
Mel was very talented.
Thanks for sharing, Hippie
Many thanks to sponsors supporting my team:
Traeger Canada ~ Smokinlicious Gourmet Wood Products ~ Brant Food ~ Cooshack ~ Jim Bray Trailer Sales ~ Chicago 58 ~ Hogewoning Toyota

CBJ# 39745 (there's my BBQ Goddess # Jim)

Smokin Bunkhouse
Gofor
The middle number please (3): 3
Antispam: No

Post by Smokin Bunkhouse » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:56 am

Very Said

swampdaddysbbq
Chicken Choker

Post by swampdaddysbbq » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:50 am

Truly a great loss, Thanx Hippie for the info
Randy aka Swampdaddy
Randy Sproule ~ Swamp Daddy's BBQ
Swampdaddy loves to cook with a Blonde

Sponsored by:
Niagara's Best Brewers Ltd ~ Great Charcoal ~ Traeger Grills ~Sherkston Shores ~ Tourism Niagara ~SUN COUNTRY Leisure Products ~ Goemans Lakeshore Meats Ltd.