Bacon-wrapped stuffed pork tenderloins

Spareribs, loin back ribs, pork butt, picnic, ham, loin roasts, sausage making, bacon, cures etc... anything pork

Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators

Chingon
Gofor

Bacon-wrapped stuffed pork tenderloins

Post by Chingon » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:46 pm

first and formost...i apologizes that these tasty treats were eaten before i could get the camera out.

so, with the grand influence of roxy, i attempted a makeshift pork tenderloin delight.

3 tenderloins, spiral cut them to get as much surface as i could
gave them a beating with a tenderizing clever (yes, i beat my meat...and proud of it dang it)

gave what would soon to be the inside of the roll a dusting of some unsalted rub...

stuffing:
chopped up some mushrooms (and plenty of em)
chopped red onion
6+ cloves of garlic
sauteed (just enough that kept everything firm)

lined the flat tenderloins with prosciutto slices, asiago and provolone, an ample handful of green onions and spooned in the cooled stuffing.

folded the ends, rolled er up and wrapped it in the almighty bacon strips.

gave it a dusting with my regular rub

onto the wsm at 230 approx 2 hrs. with some smokinlicious sugar maple till they hit 160, tented 15 min and served.
"In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash"

ROXY
Pit Master
The middle number please (3): 5

Post by ROXY » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:33 pm

So........................

How did they turn out dude.... Did ya eat then or was your dog well fed that night..??

Chingon
Gofor

Post by Chingon » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:23 pm

ok...i'm dumb...probably should have put that part in...thanks Roxy.

They turned out awesome. it was a first attempt and i was pretty pleased. i really want to try your stuffing mix Roxy, but dang...don't know if i've got the skills yet.

well, all in all, the crowd was please, and my wife wouldn't let me take pics as people were hungry and started to stare at the dog with hunger in their eyes.

well...gotta go...just hit 190 on the butts...so you all know how it goes!!
"In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash"