Does anybody have any pulled beef recipes?

Brisket, back ribs, rib roast, chuck roll, shoulder clod, tri-tip, sirloin, meatloaf etc.

Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators

Porkcasso
Gofor
The middle number please (3): 5

Does anybody have any pulled beef recipes?

Post by Porkcasso » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:45 am

Hey folks,

I was at the market and beef was on for a really big sale, and wanted to get some just because.
So i was wondering if anybody had a good recipe for pulled beef.
Lemme know.

Sean
Sean
Porkcasso-The Art of Barbecue

Cheech
Rib Rubber

Post by Cheech » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:01 pm

I haven't cooked enough beef to help you with this question but stay patient and someone will see it. You might want to ask this in the Barbecue section instead of the recipe Oh Harvey..... Can you work your magic? :)

Tracy

jim235
Runner

Post by jim235 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:16 pm

This is the right section, for a recipe. And I also hope Harvey has an answer...as I'd much like to know one as well. :)

sksmoker
Gofor

Post by sksmoker » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:44 am

For pulled beef, let the beef taste do the talking, much like steak if that is how you like your beef. Salt, pepper, garlic salt is all most people that I know use on thier pulled beef. If you want to do something like texas bbq, you can use a brisket rub that has the paprika and brown sugar in it.

The best pulled beef I had, had sea salt, black pepper, garlic salt, and montreal steak seasoning on it. It was smoked with Cherry.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

jim235
Runner

Post by jim235 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:13 pm

sksmoker...you've got it right..."let the beef taste do the talking". Did some a few days ago...just some pepper and garlic salt, with some regular mustard to hold it one. Turned out, just as I had hoped. Keeping it simple is (IMO) always the best way... can't see covering up the taste of good meat, with a mess of spices and such.

jbh
Beer Wench

Post by jbh » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:39 pm

Pit Beef

Ingredients:

Chuck Roast
Pepper
Granulated garlic
1/2C beef broth (Better than Bullion)
Apple juice
Wooster
Red wine

Mix the broth, juice and wooster and inject into the roast. Season the roast with garlic and pepper.

Smoke at 225F over a drip pan to about 150F or so. Remove the roast and drip pan. Foil the roast, pouring a mixture of apple juice and wooster over it, and cook to 185F plus.

Deglaze the pan with red wine, pour into a container and refrigerate so you can skim off whatever fat forms. Then warm the remaining reduction.

At a temperature of 185F or more, remove the roast from the smoker and let it rest an hour or so. Then pull it and mix in the reduction.

An addition of slice onions and minced garlic to the foiled roast may be interesting.
---

jbh

stevo
Runner

Post by stevo » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:03 pm

BW seems that we have the exact same tast for pulled beef. I have done it the same way as you. Your right it is the best tasting chuck out there. I put a few pcs of fresh sage in the reduction though. Great advise BW.
sit down, shut up and smoke some butts!!!!