Leftover Turkey Help

Chicken, turkey, game hen, water fowl etc.

Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators

AndrewTRSmith
Gofor
The middle number please (3): 3
Antispam: No

Leftover Turkey Help

Post by AndrewTRSmith » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:01 am

Hey Guys,

I've got some left over turkey from an apple brined Turkey that i did on the weekend. I want to make a turkey caserole but i'm not sure what kind of sauce to put with it. My mom used to make a chicken one with brocolli on the bottom, then chicken, can of cream of chicken soup mixed with curry and lemon juice, then breadcrumbs and cheddar heese on top.

What would you guys recommend for a sauce? would a Béchamel sauce be appropriate?

Thanks
Andrew

AndrewTRSmith
Gofor

Re: Leftover Turkey Help

Post by AndrewTRSmith » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:41 pm

Hey Guys,

I made a sauce using a can on Cream of Mushroom & Garlic soup, 1/4 cup appx of miracle whip, about 2 tsp of medium curry powder and a splash of lemon juice and it turned out really well. Try it out sometime :)

Andrew

doogster
Chicken Choker

Re: Leftover Turkey Help

Post by doogster » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:14 am

Just as duct tape is the handyman's secret weapon, mushroom soup is the amateur cook's secret weapon, specially with poultry. I also grill (can be in a grill pan) a few pre-made hambooger patties, get rid of the fat, put in a frying pan, mushroom soup, I like to dilute with 1/2 can of water, I want it to simmer for 20-30 minutes without becoming too thick. With the boogers, very easy Salisbury steak. Mashed spuds, good to go mah san.
When it comes to beatin's, baby you deserve the best.