Beef ribs dry rub

Dry and wet rubs, basting and finishing sauces, glazes, mops, marinades, flavor brines, and injection solutions.

Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators

mnbbqsmoker
knows what a "fatty" is
The middle number please (3): 5

Beef ribs dry rub

Post by mnbbqsmoker » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:04 pm

Ooops!!!!! I posted this same question in the wrong forum category a minute ago. Will the mods please delete that one?

Hi, am looking for a good beef ribs dry rub.

Also, temps to cook them at.

Thanks!!

mnbbqsmoker

Bubba-Q

Re: Beef ribs dry rub

Post by Bubba-Q » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:10 pm

mnbbqsmoker wrote:Ooops!!!!! I posted this same question in the wrong forum category a minute ago. Will the mods please delete that one?

Hi, am looking for a good beef ribs dry rub.

Also, temps to cook them at.

Thanks!!

mnbbqsmoker

Took care of the other thread for you. BTW, go ahead and post this question in the BBQ and Grilling section as well, you'll get more answers there. This area is more of a recipe post than request area.

BTW, I just finished a couple of racks for tonights dinner...man I love beef ribs!!!

I keep it very simple and just make a wet rub of coarse salt, evoo, fresh rosemary(dried if fresh is not an option), and coarse ground pepper. I mix it so that the evoo makes the rub smooth but not too runny.

Thats it, just rub on by hand to ensure an even coating and into the smoker or oven for 5 or 6 hours.
There are three types of people in this world; those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wonder what happened, which one are you?

Christopher
Rib Rubber

Post by Christopher » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:14 am

Like Bubba, I like my beef ribs to have a simple rub.

My last racks had a rub of coarse salt, freshly ground pepper and garlic powder. I served them dry because I wasn't impressed with earlier attempts at saucing them. I cook them like pork ribs (225°F-250°F) until the meat has shrunk back pretty far on the bones (4-6 hours).

Peter
Location: Temiskaming Shores, ON, That's a little bit north of the Coke - Pepsi line.

Post by Peter » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:02 pm

Ditto here; salt, fresh ground pepper and a little granulated garlic. The evoo is a nice touch --- gotta try that. Can't go wrong at 225 - 250º; 5 hours more or less. Wait for the meat to draw back from the end of the bone 1/2" or more depending on your taste. I like mine more on the rare side but they are a little more "chewy".

I like to shoot for racks of 5 lbs or more (7 ribs) to give me enough meat to be worthwhile. Racks of lower weight tend to cook up dry.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ribs!!
Peter
Now OFFICIALLY retired

The older I get; the better I was.