where do i buy bbq spices

Dry and wet rubs, basting and finishing sauces, glazes, mops, marinades, flavor brines, and injection solutions.

Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators

MSGIRLYQ
Beer Wench
The middle number please (3): 3
Antispam: No

where do i buy bbq spices

Post by MSGIRLYQ » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:31 pm

Hello
I am looking to buy the off the beat spices that they don't sell in the "normal" stores??
Please help ME !! I am jonesin to bbq somthing new!!!
Patricia from Barrie :(
MSGIRLYQ

Trev
Pork Puller
The middle number please (3): 5

Re: where do i buy bbq spices

Post by Trev » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:42 pm

Hi GirlyQ, believe it or not Mr. Bulk has some pretty obscure spices for a decent price. You won't likley get anything too outrageous but certainly enough to make a baseline rub and some experimental stuff too. I picked up a new spice there last week and used it over the weekend to make something truly great (at least I think it's great, and I'm the one who has to eat it).
I've been wanting to try the Montreal Chicken Spice, I hear it's good.
Let us know what you find, I'm always looking for new spices to test out.
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who are good at math and those who aren't.

doogster
Chicken Choker
The middle number please (3): 3
Antispam: No

Post by doogster » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:54 am

I found EVERYTHING needed to make Dr. Barbecue's big time barbecue rub at Walmart, including the turbinado sugar. I have should have got Kosher salt, next time, I used what I had, but Wally World did have the Kosher salt too.

What obscure items do you need? The rub recipes I've seen seem like pretty standard ingredients.
When it comes to beatin's, baby you deserve the best.

kevinv
Runner
The middle number please (3): 5

Post by kevinv » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:49 am

A friend told me for some odd spices they can be picked up a asain/indian stores. Also check out bulk stores as well.

Myself i shop metro,independent,walmart and farmboy for most spices. Also if you are looking for some obscure product, try food basic. They have a lot of ethnic food products.

What are you looking for?