We eat oatmeal at our house weekly. A long time ago I made way too much and went in search of a recipe to use it up. I came across this recipe and we have been making it ever since. Today I am attempting to make a tray of oatmeal bars and I will post that recipe if it works out but in the mean time here is a recipe that is made frequently in our house.
Kitchen Scrap Cookies
* 1/2 cup butter
* 3/4 c. brown sugar
* 1 egg
* 1 c. cold cooked oatmeal
* 1-1/4 c. flour (using 1 cup WW pastry flour makes a crisper cookie)
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1/2 tsp. bkg. soda
* 1 tsp. cinnamon
* 1 tsp. vanilla
* At least 1 cup leftovers such as chopped apples, raisins, coconut, etc. You can try breakfast cereal, bananas smeared with peanut butter, chopped apples, a dollop of jelly
* Up to 1 additional cup uncooked oats, rolled or steel cut
Cream butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sift flour, salt, soda, and cinnamon. Add to wet mix. Gently combine batter with cooked oatmeal and add-in's. The finished batter should have a semi-stiff consistency, or stay rounded as you drop the teaspoons on the sheet.
Bake at 350* 12-15 minutes on lightly greased cookie sheet until edges are browned. Enjoy them now--there won't be any leftovers from these.
And to top it all off...
Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Diva Q
- Posts: 1942
- Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:12 am
- The middle number please (3): 5
- Location: Barrie, Ontario