lb jumbo lump crab
3 Tbsp Whole butter
1 c Onion, chopped
1/2 c Green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 c Green onion, chopped
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp Old Bay® Seasoning
1 or 2 tbls fresh parley or cilantro or basil or dill or a combination
1 c Bread crumbs (1 to 1 1/2 c) (I like panko, Japanese Bread Crumbs)
3 Tbsp Olive oil
1. Heat the butter in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, bell pepper and green onion. Cook until tender, then remove from the pan and cool completely.
2. In a large bowl, combine the salt, cayenne, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay, cilantro/parsley/basil/dill and egg. Mix well. Add the cooled vegetables and crab. Be careful not to break up the lumps. Thats why you pay the big bucks. Use hands. Then add the breadcrumbs in tablespoon batches. You just want them to absorb the liquid. Form the crabcakes. I like mine about 3 inches in diameter and and 1 1/4 inches thick.
3. Refrigerate for at least an hour. This helps hold them together.
4. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Sauté the crab cakes until golden brown on both sides.
5. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or tartar sauce.
Yield: 12 Cakes
Fish and Seafood recipes
Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators
1 post • Page 1 of 1