Pink Prague Powder #1

Make your own Side Bacon, Ham, Peameal, Canadian Bacon, Back Bacon, Sausage, Jerky etc.

Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators

Porkcasso
Gofor
The middle number please (3): 5

Pink Prague Powder #1

Post by Porkcasso » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:37 pm

Does anyone know where I could get my hands on some Prague Powder #1 here in the Niagara Region? I haven't had any luck finding this stuff anywhere.

Sean

Peter
Location: Temiskaming Shores, ON, That's a little bit north of the Coke - Pepsi line.

Post by Peter » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:13 pm

Sausagemaker in Buffalo has what they call Insta-cure #1 - same thing. You could also try Malabar Superspice in Burlington, they also have their own equivalent product.
Peter
Now OFFICIALLY retired

The older I get; the better I was.

BBQ Dude
knows what a "fatty" is

Post by BBQ Dude » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:22 pm

Hey Sean,

The next time QFan checks in, he can probably still put you in touch with Reg, an old friend of ours who lives in Niagara Falls and is the best cure-meister I've ever known. If anyone can help you it will be him. Unfortunately I've been incommunicado for a long stretch and have lost all of my contacts.
What Have You Been Smokin'?

Bubba-Q

Post by Bubba-Q » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:51 am

Sean, ask your local butcher where he gets his supply from. Most of the time the butcher will supply you with what you need.

If you are looking for the whys and how to's of sausage making, the best internet resource is here http://lpoli.50webs.com/Sausage%20recipes.htm, or do yourself a favour and pick up the book "Sausage Making, Curing & Smoking Meats" by Rytek Kutas, most everyone copies everything in this book anyway.

post some pics :!:
There are three types of people in this world; those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wonder what happened, which one are you?

carolinesrub
Rank Amateur

Post by carolinesrub » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:50 am

Bubba-Q wrote: do yourself a favour and pick up the book "Sausage Making, Curing & Smoking Meats" by Rytek Kutas, most everyone copies everything in this book anyway.

That is an excellent book...really is the bible for sausage making.
Joe Johnson
Co-Founder / COO
Caroline's Rub
Dry Rubs, Smoked Salt, & Texas Chili Seasoning
http://www.carolinesrub.com

Porkcasso
Gofor

Post by Porkcasso » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:54 pm

Thanks for all the input folks.....I really appreciate it.

Sean