BBQ Class

If you are new to BBQ and have questions about cooking, competitions, techniques, or how to get started, then this area is for you. Remember there is no such thing as a stupid question. THIS FORUM WILL BE HEAVILY MODERATED AND WILL HAVE A 0 TOLERANCE FOR NEGATIVITY.

Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators

Charcoal
Gofor
The middle number please (3): 5

BBQ Class

Post by Charcoal » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:09 pm

I attended a BBQ class on Saturday. It was put on by Darryl of Buster Rhino's fame. We learned how to cook Southern Style ribs at home. We started the afternoon off by preparing our own back ribs, we then put them in his smoker. While they were smoking/cooking we moved into the front of his business where Darryl shared his knowledge of BBQing. He had help from Vince who is a competition BBQer. We covered many topics such as food safety, types of BBQs, Smokers, grills, what happens to meat when it is cooked, etc. At the end of the day we took our ribs home for dinner. I enjoyed mine with garlic mashed potatoes and an alcohol based beverage. Looking forward to his next class.

dogthebear
Chicken Choker

Re: BBQ Class

Post by dogthebear » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:11 pm

Hi Charcoal,
It's awesome to see the passion growing out this way, (east GTA). I caught the bug in 2007 , and in 2008 participated as an amature in two competitions.
In doing so,, met lots of great folks,, had some of the best times in recent memory.
The competitions were out in Paris Ont, and Barrie,, and when you go to these, it's obvious that WEST of the GTA is the hot-bed BBQ in Ontario. Having said that in the amature division,, an Oshawa boy (me) , and a Brooklynn guy took home some top honors at Paris and Barrie.
Here's to you and you're Q!

MikeDoc.

BBQFoodie
knows what a "fatty" is

Post by BBQFoodie » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:58 pm

I checked his website...there are no courses listed on there. Where did you learn of the course availability. Would be interested in future courses.

Charcoal
Gofor

Post by Charcoal » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:50 pm

Hello BBQFoodie, I found out about the BBQ course when I was at his restaurant. You may want to pm him or call. You can get this information by clicking on News & Announcements, its (was) the 4th topic down “Buster Rhino's BBQ Course”. I hope this helps.

Charcoal
Gofor

Post by Charcoal » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:00 pm

Just notice BBQFoodie he has a post on Front Porch about BBQ classes