3 Control Burner (Universal)

If you are new to BBQ and have questions about cooking, competitions, techniques, or how to get started, then this area is for you. Remember there is no such thing as a stupid question. THIS FORUM WILL BE HEAVILY MODERATED AND WILL HAVE A 0 TOLERANCE FOR NEGATIVITY.

Moderator:BBQTalk Moderators

Leenders
Dishwasher
The middle number please (3):3
Antispam:No
3 Control Burner (Universal)

Post by Leenders » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:35 pm

Hi there. I am new to this forum and hope someone can help.

I have a UniFlame BBQ - Model # : GBC621CR-C

My burner is toast and cannot find a replacement anywhere. I'm from Canada and checked HomeDepot, Walmart, CanadianTire, TSC, Homehardware.

I have looked online and can only find replacements costing around $65-$80 plus shipping. I only paid $119.99 for the bbq 2 years ago.

Questions :

* Where can I find a universal 3 Control Knob replacement burner?

* Is it possible to use a 2 Control universal burner and block the 3rd outlet on my bbq?

* What are my other options?

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Burtess
Gofor

Re: 3 Control Burner (Universal)

Post by Burtess » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:33 pm

Honestly, if you only bought the grill two years ago and the burner is already toast, you are going to sink at least $50 into it every two years (thats about the cheapest generic burner out there) on a cheap piece of equipment.
I would suggest (if you have room in your budget) to check out a Broil Mate or Sterling grill for a lower end one. You can get one for between $200 and $300 plus tax. They are made in Waterloo. You can always find parts for them and the burners are warrantied for 5 years I think.

Burt :)
WSM X 2
Weber Performer
18.5" OTS
Smokey Joe Platinum
Sterling gasser (Broil King) with SS grates

dogthebear
Chicken Choker

Post by dogthebear » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:51 pm

I'm using a universal single on my old BBQ at the trailer,, on a lil' double burner grill.
I just never use the other valve anymore.

Just make sure the burner unit fits , kinda,, and the tubes kinda line up.

Obvioulsy , make sure the universal replacement is the same shape as the one that comes out.

Is this money well spent?,,, you could argue both ways.

So not here to tell you which is better (repair or replace),, just to help you find a replacement if that's which way you go.

MikeDoc.

Rob R
Gofor
The middle number please (3):5

Post by Rob R » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:16 pm

Watch your local online classifieds (kijiji etc)... There are tons of used grill here this year, maybe the same everywhere. Some good deals to be had, I picked up a 8-year old Weber Genesis for $50 in March.

Leenders
Dishwasher

Post by Leenders » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:39 am

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Appreciate the help!