Weber 22.5 Silver One Touch conversion question

If you are new to BBQ and have questions about cooking, competitions, techniques, or how to get started, then this area is for you. Remember there is no such thing as a stupid question. THIS FORUM WILL BE HEAVILY MODERATED AND WILL HAVE A 0 TOLERANCE FOR NEGATIVITY.

Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators

ahrjmrecr
knows what a "fatty" is
The middle number please (3): 3
Antispam: No

Weber 22.5 Silver One Touch conversion question

Post by ahrjmrecr » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:14 am

Can you convert a Weber 22.5 Silver One Touch to a Gold One Touch? I want to go from an open ash catcher to a closed ash catcher.

Thanks.

Trev
Pork Puller
The middle number please (3): 5

Re: Weber 22.5 Silver One Touch conversion question

Post by Trev » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:56 am

The best source for this info is straight from Weber --> http://store.weber.com/
The toll free number is on that site and they should be able to guide you in the right direction. I've heard of people converting their OTS to an OTG before so I'm sure it can be done. You could even get the side table and turn it into a OTP while you're at it.
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who are good at math and those who aren't.

ahrjmrecr
knows what a "fatty" is
The middle number please (3): 3
Antispam: No

Post by ahrjmrecr » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:20 am

I emailed Weber about a conversion kit. Weber said they do not sell a conversion kit to upgrade from a Silver One Touch to a Gold One Touch grill.

Trev
Pork Puller
The middle number please (3): 5

Post by Trev » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:44 pm

It appears you are correct. This is the thread I was thinking of ( http://tvwbb.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tp ... 8780080215 (and for some reason I was under the impression that it could be done. If you are handy at all with a grinder of even a dremel you could slot the legs where they meet the bowl and then it would fit for sure. It's likely easier to just buy a OTG.
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who are good at math and those who aren't.