Quick Connect natural gas - size matters

If you are new to BBQ and have questions about cooking, competitions, techniques, or how to get started, then this area is for you. Remember there is no such thing as a stupid question. THIS FORUM WILL BE HEAVILY MODERATED AND WILL HAVE A 0 TOLERANCE FOR NEGATIVITY.

Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators

RichardG
Dishwasher
The middle number please (3): 3
Antispam: No

Quick Connect natural gas - size matters

Post by RichardG » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:35 am

Hi, When my natural gas line was installed professionally, a quick connect coupling was installed on the end of it so the hose from the then natural gas barbeque which it turns out had a smaller end piece (diameter of the hose is also smaller than the one that came with the new natural gas bbq) would connect into the quick connect coupler attached to the natural gas line. Years passed and I just assembled a new natural gas barbeque. Much to my surprise and frustration because I didn't keep the old hose, I found that the diameter of the end piece of the new hose (the diameter of the new hose is noticably wider than the old hose) is to big to fit into the existing quick connect coupling attached to the natural gas line. The new bbq included a larger quick connect part which I can see has the same diameter as the natural gas pipeline but at the moment, the end of the natural gas line has the smaller quick connect firmly attached. If I remove the original quick connect coupling, I'm confident that I will have no trouble installing the new one but before I do that, I'd prefer leaving the original installation alone. I am wondering if I can by an adapter which would have a smaller end that will fit into the existing smaller quick connect but will also have the larger diameter quick connect at the other end so the new hose can connect to it. Is there a store I can buy such an adapter at? Thank you!

doogster
Chicken Choker

Re: Quick Connect natural gas - size matters

Post by doogster » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:44 am

It would help if people knew your location mate. Canada (which province), US ( which state), Australia, Timbuktu, Zaire, Russia, all have different laws. You sure don't wanna go voiding your home owner's insurance.
When it comes to beatin's, baby you deserve the best.

RichardG
Dishwasher

Post by RichardG » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:46 am

Good point! I'm in the GTA of Ontario, Canada. I was hoping that there would be a quick connect adapter route because that would avoid tampering with the professional installation. It may be that even if I had kept the hose from the original bbq that it would not have fit the fitting on the new bbq on the theory that the end of the original hose that connects to the bbq would have been smaller too. Thanks for whatever suggestion you may have.

h20loo
Gofor
The middle number please (3): 5

Post by h20loo » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:37 am

Try this-

Ontario Gas Barbeque
3310 Langstaff Road
Concord, Ontario, L4K 4Z8
Tel: 905-761-8511

OR-
Try this-Image

RichardG
Dishwasher

Post by RichardG » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:45 pm

Thanks h20loo

Richard

ddddyyyyy
Dishwasher

Post by ddddyyyyy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:16 pm

This forum is very good, I like, I agree with that point of view above,I support you!

Experience is the father of wisdom and memory the mother.

Nike shoes Solar lights wholesale bags louis vuitton bags massage shanghai