BBQ TOOLS AND MORE...

If you are new to BBQ and have questions about cooking, competitions, techniques, or how to get started, then this area is for you. Remember there is no such thing as a stupid question. THIS FORUM WILL BE HEAVILY MODERATED AND WILL HAVE A 0 TOLERANCE FOR NEGATIVITY.

Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators

struggledave
Beer Wench
The middle number please (3): 3
Antispam: No

BBQ TOOLS AND MORE...

Post by struggledave » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:05 pm

Hi I bought a Primo XL Oval this summer and I am in the seachr for accessories like this Steven Raichlen Best of Barbecue SR8016 Stainless-Steel Beer-Can Chicken Rack with Drip Pan,gloves ,injecter etc...but I cant found it in Canada....everywhere I find they don t ship up here....so can you give an web site ,adress or somewhere I can buy those products or simply simmilar product... Thanks

Hippieforever99
Pit Master
The middle number please (3): 5

Re: BBQ TOOLS AND MORE...

Post by Hippieforever99 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:10 pm

Check Ontario Gas BBq's www.bbq.com I think they have just about everything you can think of :) 8) Hippie
Personal Blog: www.bbq-is-a-way-of-life.blogspot.com

JUST LOVIN BBQ WITH A GREAT GLASS OF WINE

SmokinQ
Pork Puller
The middle number please (3): 5

Post by SmokinQ » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:55 pm

How do you like the Primo so far?

As far as accessories go there are a lot of options out there.

For beer can chicken there are a lot of varieties out there. Pretty much any BBQ store will carry them. If you want a cheap one you can get them at the dollar store if you are in a pinch. I just bought a beer car turkey rack for a buck at the dollar store.

For drip pans I just use the disposable aluminum pans that all grocery stores have. Again the dollar stores have them as well.

For gloves just go to an automotive supply store and buy welders gloves. These are the same material as the fancy BBQ gloves cost half the price,

Injectors can be found at BBQ stores as well as kitchen supply stores. I have also seen them at CTC and Home Hardware.

Roger M
Gofor

Post by Roger M » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:20 pm

You wont be dissapointed in the primo! I'll second the suggestion to go to a restraunt supply for accessories also ontario gas bbq although last time i was there they were all out of alot of stuff and not planning to order till spring again.

Cramden
Gofor
The middle number please (3): 3
Antispam: No

Post by Cramden » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:33 am

For beer can chicken racks, don't be fooled with flimsey ones. I bought a double cast iron rack from Bass Pro Shop and it wasn't expensive at all. Works great for two chickens at a time and solid as a rock. Will never tip over.
Cheers b2
Cramden
"A gourmet who thinks of calories is like a tart who looks at her watch!"