Suggestions needed ???

Discussion of traditional "low & slow" BBQ and high heat Grilling using the following heat sources: charcoal, propane, natural gas and wood. Discuss all equipment, merchandise and outdoor cookin in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures etc.

Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators

allanbbq
Firestarter
The middle number please (3): 5

Suggestions needed ???

Post by allanbbq » Wed May 30, 2007 1:38 am

Hello everyone,

i urgently need your suggestions on what would be most appropriate to cook on a picnic( ie fast and simple) cooking time i have on hand is around 3-4 hrs needed some help regardin how and what i could cook????

im planing to roast a pig, but will there be sufficient time on hand to do that ??? this is the first time id be handling something that big ....

any information will be really really helpful..

P.S i have just 48hrs to prepare....

thanks in advance..
Allan

ROXY
Pit Master

Post by ROXY » Wed May 30, 2007 7:28 am

How many people are you going to have at the picnic,,>>?

I can tell ya you will not get a pig done in 3 to 4 hours so I might suggest ribs or chickens as they can be done in 4 hours with a bit of a temp increase. You could also do up some Cajan turkeys.

You could also get some one else to bring some hot dogs and you could smoke up a whole mess of ABT's.

allanbbq
Firestarter

Thankyou

Post by allanbbq » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:49 am

Thanks ROXY

Got just enough time to get half a pig done ... there were about 40 of them and about 25 pork eaters, came out very well...
hopefully will put up pics as i get them.. really did not get any time to take pics as i was very busy...hahahaha ;)