Buying a brand new weber grill

Discussion of traditional "low & slow" BBQ and high heat Grilling using the following heat sources: charcoal, propane, natural gas and wood. Discuss all equipment, merchandise and outdoor cookin in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures etc.

Moderator:BBQTalk Moderators

rgaudreau
knows what a "fatty" is
The middle number please (3):5
Buying a brand new weber grill

Post by rgaudreau » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:26 pm

I'm looking to buy a brand new weber grill. (either Spirit or Genesis) I live in Timmins and the only place that carries them is Home Depot. I'm curious if there are other places online or other stores in southern Ontario that carry them as well... if the prices are comparable, I'd may as well just buy it here at home depot.

Also, I noticed some the spirit has the porcelain/cast iron cooking surface and the genesis has the stainless cooking surface... which is prefered?

Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

Ren

Schultz-Happy Grillmore

Post by Schultz-Happy Grillmore » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:21 pm

Check out www.bbqs.com this is Ontario Gas BBQ in Concord(north of Toronto) I believe they can ship almost anywhere and it will give you a good price comparison.

Schultz

Bubba-Q

Post by Bubba-Q » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:20 pm

Ren, I moved your post to the Barbecue forum. You'll get a better response here.
There are three types of people in this world; those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wonder what happened, which one are you?

rgaudreau
knows what a "fatty" is

Post by rgaudreau » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:10 pm

Thanks for the info... will check them out.

swampdonkyy
Dishwasher

Post by swampdonkyy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:57 am

I shopped everywhere and the best deal on the Weber was 799.00 at home depot for the genesis E320. Home Hardware had an E310 ( no side burner) for 849.00
BTW I wound up buying a floor model Vermont Castings 3006 for 599.00 with the cover :twisted:

rgaudreau
knows what a "fatty" is

Post by rgaudreau » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:27 pm

Thanks for the heads up swampdonkey. I'm gonna make another post on a similar topic. Your input would be appreciated.