BGE Price

Discussion of traditional "low & slow" BBQ and high heat Grilling using the following heat sources: charcoal, propane, natural gas and wood. Discuss all equipment, merchandise and outdoor cookin in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures etc.

Moderator:BBQTalk Moderators

kwantz
knows what a "fatty" is
The middle number please (3):3
Antispam:No
BGE Price

Post by kwantz » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:24 pm

I was wondering if anyone here in ontario know the prices of the big green eggs, and the stands?

BBQcure
Runner
The middle number please (3):5

Re: BGE Price

Post by BBQcure » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:38 am

Call Ian Clark at Wellington Fireplace and Liesure. He is out of Rockwood (Near Guelph). He sells them

(519) 856-0498

Or Duff Dixon at http://www.bbqs.com/

canadaodyowner
Gofor

Post by canadaodyowner » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:20 pm

If you can wait till September, get a discount-priced 1-day old 'demo' egg here:
http://www.nieggarafest.com/

kwantz
knows what a "fatty" is

Post by kwantz » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:30 am

how much do they go for used?

ourman
Runner

Post by ourman » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:04 pm

good luck finding a used one....I saw one sell last year in Tillsonburg on kijiji for 850 with wings,nest,platesetter,and pizza stone.thats a good price ...An egg costs $799 then you need accesories after that...like the nest(wheels)or you can build a cart.you need a daisy wheel which is the top vent.There are things you can use or make to use for offset cooking but the platesetter is the handiest so you should have one of them..all said and done you wont get much change back from a thousand dollar bill but you will have the best cooker /smoker ....so I think any ways....I have offsets and verticles and electric...but I like the eggbest..I dont have a pellet burner but I think I will soon and then I will see what my opinion is...

Trev
Pork Puller

Post by Trev » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:37 pm

ourman wrote:I have offsets and verticles and electric...but I like the eggbest..
I hear the same thing from other egg-owners, too. Seems like anyone who uses the egg thinks they're the best cooker out there. Very efficient, from what I understand.
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who are good at math and those who aren't.

ourman
Runner

Post by ourman » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:28 pm

Efficient is an understatement...Im on my 3rd brisket from one bag of lump...20lbs of green egg lump.the first one was 20 hrs the second one was 24 hrs .i cooked steak on the remainder left in the cooker on wed night and at lunch today I filled it and have a 14 lb brisket on for tomorrow it will be 24 hr cook...i still have about 5 -6 inches in the bag...Im not even embelishing the truth....after the second brisket i opened all the vents and let it burn at 600 for a couple hours so it would burn up the build up on the platesetter...If you are serious i really suggest taking advantage of the reduced priced demo eggs that are offered at nieggara fest....
Im thinking I should get another one also...
you cant have too many cookers

SmokeHound
Gofor

Post by SmokeHound » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:15 pm

ourman wrote:Efficient is an understatement...Im on my 3rd brisket from one bag of lump...20lbs of green egg lump.the first one was 20 hrs the second one was 24 hrs .i cooked steak on the remainder left in the cooker on wed night and at lunch today I filled it and have a 14 lb brisket on for tomorrow it will be 24 hr cook...i still have about 5 -6 inches in the bag...Im not even embelishing the truth....after the second brisket i opened all the vents and let it burn at 600 for a couple hours so it would burn up the build up on the platesetter...If you are serious i really suggest taking advantage of the reduced priced demo eggs that are offered at nieggara fest....
Im thinking I should get another one also...

you cant have too many cookers

"can't have too many cookers".... SO VERY TRUE!!!
New Braunfels offset wood smoker
Brinkman 5-burner 60K BTU gas grill
DIY 4' fire/BBQ pit
Weber-Smokey Joe

canadaodyowner
Gofor

Post by canadaodyowner » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:27 pm

If you smoke often, the savings in lump$ will pay for the egg few years down the road and remember it comes with a lifetime warranty. Beware that if you buy used (good luck finding one) the warranty is voided. However, I believe the 1-day-old demo eggs sold by dealers at egg fests come with the lifetime warranty because technically you're the original owner.

ourman,
Not sure what size you were referring to for $799. Last year I got my large (most versatile and recommended size) for $999 which included the plate-setter and nest. This year it's $1099 for the large alone, no p-s and no nest. I'm tempted to buy a second large at the Nieggara fest, but I just bought a second egg (small) in April!

Trev,
If you can make it, it'll be great to meet you again at the Nieggara fest September 19.

ourman
Runner

Post by ourman » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:10 pm

Its a large at Mikes Electric in Woodstock...but it is bare no nest or daisey wheel only feet .
no nest either.

doogster
Chicken Choker

Post by doogster » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:54 pm

You might want to check out the Dragon Fire kamado. It aint cheap. but appears to include a lot more than the BGE.
When it comes to beatin's, baby you deserve the best.