Charcoal closeouts

Discussion of traditional "low & slow" BBQ and high heat Grilling using the following heat sources: charcoal, propane, natural gas and wood. Discuss all equipment, merchandise and outdoor cookin in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures etc.

Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators

Roger M
Gofor

Charcoal closeouts

Post by Roger M » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:46 pm

Been watching some of the chains for closeouts havent seen any yet but will post any i see. I know its early but stores are dumping bbq stuff hoping for some cheap lump for the winter

Trev
Pork Puller
The middle number please (3): 5

Re: Charcoal closeouts

Post by Trev » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:38 am

How cheap? I need to do another bulk buy of Maple Leaf lump as well, if you're interested. If we can each take 10 bags or more then we can get it for $12/bag.
Let me know if you'd like to go halves.
I guess it depends on where you live also. This deal is near the GTA.
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who are good at math and those who aren't.

Button Bone
Beer Wench

Post by Button Bone » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:19 pm

i might be interested in going in on a bulk purchase. how big are the bags you speak of trev? and is the price $12 tax included?

dannyboy
knows what a "fatty" is
The middle number please (3): 3
Antispam: No

Post by dannyboy » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:01 am

We were at the Supercenter yesterday near Grimsby ON and they had Kingsford briquettes for $10/18lb bag and Royal Oak lump on clearance also (sorry I can't remember the price) about a 1/2 pallet of each.

Dan

Trev
Pork Puller

Post by Trev » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:37 am

Button Bone wrote:i might be interested in going in on a bulk purchase. how big are the bags you speak of trev? and is the price $12 tax included?
I can't remember if taxes were included in price or not, BB. I'll check and let you know. The bags are the 18lb size. I think last time I got it we picked it up at ~ 400/407. Is that okay for you?
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who are good at math and those who aren't.

Roger M
Gofor

Post by Roger M » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:18 pm

I'd be in for that shoot me an email at rmichaud6@gmail.com I'm in cambridge

Button Bone
Beer Wench

Post by Button Bone » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:13 pm

dannyboy - thanks for the info on the supercenter....Canadian Tire actually has Royal Oak briquettes for just under $8/18lb bag

trev - keep me posted on the deal....400/407 is fine with me for a pick up spot

Trev
Pork Puller

Post by Trev » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:30 am

I'll get back to you guys as soon as I talk to nella and find out the particulars.

Trev
Pork Puller

Post by Trev » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:26 pm

Trev wrote:I'll get back to you guys as soon as I talk to nella and find out the particulars.
Roger and Buttonbone, I've spoken with Nella and the price is 12.50 + GST (6%) for a total of 13.25 per bag, if we get more than 20 bags. I'm in for 10, so you guys decide what your needs are and we'll go from there. There are several Nella Cutlery outlets, but the one I spoke to was in Mississauga. It's closer than the 400/407 option, for the same price. I'm off in a couple weeks, maybe we could set something up for then?
What are your feelings about that?

Roger M
Gofor

Post by Roger M » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:02 pm

Sounds good post or email when your back and we can set something up

canadaodyowner
Gofor

Post by canadaodyowner » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:49 pm

Trev, how's it going? btw, gst is 5%, not 6% :D When the harmonised sales tax kicks in next year, it'll be 13% :( :evil: Also remember the Mississauga location is opened Mon-Fri only. Take care.

Trev
Pork Puller

Post by Trev » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:24 pm

Hi Gary, thanks for the correction. I've heard that they want to get rid of the HST ( :lol: )
I guess it's an election year, eh?
I called the Nella, on Finfar, and they said they had a good supply of charcoal there too, so I'll see who has it before we make the trip. I'm almost out, that's why I want to get it on my week off, the week after next. I guess we'll see how it works out. Great to hear from you, Gary. How's your summer going so far?

canadaodyowner
Gofor

Post by canadaodyowner » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:48 pm

Trev, hope your summer was good, sorry I didn't reply sooner. So you're all set for ML till next year? My supply is good till spring or early summer. It's been a wet and busy summer so I didn't get to Q as often as I'd like. Fortunately, it was wrapped up nicely on September 19 at the first Canadian Egg Fest http://www.niEGGarafest.com . Have a great Thanksgiving.

Trev
Pork Puller

Post by Trev » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:58 pm

Hi Gary, I'll be good for ML until at least the spring or summer now.
The eggfest sounds like a blast!
Happy Thanksgiving
b2