Jerk pork tenderloin

Discussion of traditional "low & slow" BBQ and high heat Grilling using the following heat sources: charcoal, propane, natural gas and wood. Discuss all equipment, merchandise and outdoor cookin in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures etc.

Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators

Trev
Pork Puller
The middle number please (3): 5

Jerk pork tenderloin

Post by Trev » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:42 pm

I marinated this tenderloin for about 24 hours in a jerk sauce I picked up at the Hot and Spicy Food Fest in Toronto last weekend. It's not actually very spicy, but great flavour. Grilled for about 8-10 minutes each side, with a little twist at the 4 minute mark. Turned out pretty juicy after resting for about twenty minutes or so.
Dinner's ready!
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who are good at math and those who aren't.

canadaodyowner
Gofor

Re: Jerk pork tenderloin

Post by canadaodyowner » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:53 pm

You're making me hungry Trev.

Trev
Pork Puller

Post by Trev » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:27 pm

Thanks, Gary.
I haven't grilled a tenderloin in ages so I was glad it turned out okay. My daughter loves it and we're trying to get her onto hot food, so this was a nice low-heat intro for her.
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who are good at math and those who aren't.

rgaudreau
knows what a "fatty" is

Post by rgaudreau » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:56 pm

When I saw this, I decided to give it a try. I have a jerk marinade that I make (Taken From Guy's Big Bite show). Went to Independant Grocers and they didn't have any scotch bonnets. The only thing with heat were jalapenos and red thai chilis. Thought the thai chili's would be a bit too harsh.. and the jalapeno's not enough so I passed on it. Strangely, Ind Grocer is the only one in town that brings in scotch bonnets.

For those who want to try the marinade, here is the link. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy- ... index.html