Mmm brisket

Discussion of traditional "low & slow" BBQ and high heat Grilling using the following heat sources: charcoal, propane, natural gas and wood. Discuss all equipment, merchandise and outdoor cookin in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures etc.

Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators

Roger M
Gofor

Mmm brisket

Post by Roger M » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:49 am

First low and slow on the primo. Maveric therm died sometime between now and the last time i used it but theres no need with this machine i did one vent adjustment after sunset that was all. Total cook time was 16hrs forgive the poor pic from my phone

Trev
Pork Puller
The middle number please (3): 5

Re: Mmm brisket

Post by Trev » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:56 am

Man, does that ever look good!
Was it pretty juicy, Roger? Did you foil it or do without?
What kind of temps did you smoke at?
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who are good at math and those who aren't.

Roger M
Gofor

Post by Roger M » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:41 pm

I ran pretty much rock solid at 225 only time it moved was when i peeked at 10 last night. I am in love with the primo. As for juicy? Even the tip of point was juicy and able to be cut with a fork. I rested it for 3 hours in a cooler. Best brisket i have done so far.

roastntoast
Chicken Choker
The middle number please (3): 5

Post by roastntoast » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:30 pm

How was the smoke ring on it . I did one a few weeks ago on my Primo XL and had no smoke ring. First time that happens. I will try an other on ein a couple weeks to see.

Jules

Roger M
Gofor

Post by Roger M » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:56 pm

smoke ring was between 1/8" and 3/16" roughly. Sorry no pics of it sliced was too messy to handle the camera.