Ok who is going to Ottawa?

Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, etc.

Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators

Swines&Bovines
Pork Puller
The middle number please (3): 5

Post by Swines&Bovines » Wed May 07, 2008 3:23 pm

P.S. No offence meant towards you Harv if I seem disgruntled - I know you're just trying to help.
Jason
S&B Southern BBQ & Catering Co.

Proud to partner with...
Buster Rhino's Sauce and Rubs
Conestoga Meats
Central Fresh Market
Duraflame Charcoal
Precent Technologies
Breslau Restaurant Supplies
CancerSucksChicago.com

Swines&Bovines
Pork Puller

Post by Swines&Bovines » Wed May 07, 2008 3:54 pm

"There are three types of people in this world; those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wonder what happened, which one are you?"

Last thing I'm going to say on the topic. This is an awesome quote. I along with several others want to be the ones to make things happen which is why we were at the meeting and volunteered for committee's and gave our input. I want to be part of the solution but the clock is ticking. I feel like I'm just repeating the exact stuff I said in January. I'm just looking for answers. I want to help and I've done my part within the marketing/newsletter group, yet we're all left to wonder...
Jason

Proud to partner with...
Conestoga Meats
Central Fresh Market
Duraflame Charcoal
Precent Technologies
CancerSucksChicago.com

Bubba-Q

Post by Bubba-Q » Wed May 07, 2008 5:00 pm

Just to clarify, I changed my signature yesterday. Has nothing to do with your post Jason.
There are three types of people in this world; those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wonder what happened, which one are you?

Swines&Bovines
Pork Puller

Post by Swines&Bovines » Wed May 07, 2008 5:18 pm

Hey, don't be getting paranoid on me now buddy! I didn't mean for my post to sound like I was offended by your tag line or reading anything what so ever into it - I saw it yesterday. It's a great quote and very, very applicable to what's going on right now with the CBA. I was just making the point that I'm not just looking to be the one to stir things up and let someone else clean up the mess - I want to be part of the solution and MAKE things happen. I said it in January and I'll say it again, Kirk's gone, lets face the facts and move on. Let's all band together and get done what needs to get done so we have a 2008 season. I've had too much god damn fun with you guys over the past 2 years to just sit back and let this thing fade away. So, where do we go from here? My suggestion is that we put a temporary board together ASAP and anyone who can volunteer to help out, do so and lets get things figured out. Hopefully Caiti and Dave have some time that they can invest to point us in the right direction and we can move ahead.
Jason

Proud to partner with...
Conestoga Meats
Central Fresh Market
Duraflame Charcoal
Precent Technologies
CancerSucksChicago.com

Bubba-Q

Post by Bubba-Q » Wed May 07, 2008 9:14 pm

Sorry bud, it's been a long day. :wink:
There are three types of people in this world; those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wonder what happened, which one are you?