Organizing a contest ?

Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, etc.

Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators

BBQcure
Runner
The middle number please (3): 5

how does it work

Post by BBQcure » Wed May 07, 2008 2:49 pm

HI Harvey

what I do not understand is how do these events get organized. You commented that the series may only be a 3 event series. At the meeting, in Guelph, Kirk commented that saturating the market with events would hurt the association. I do agree as there are only so many teams and so many weekends. My question is if someone wanted to try and get a fourth location what is the requirements. do they just go to an event and try to piggyback on to their event. Would the event pay a fee for us to come? or is it a totally independant event and we look after our own and just help in boosting the main event. If 15 teams show up at $200.00 each than where does the other prize money come from?

I Just can not believe these things are that complicated to confirm up? or are they

any comments would be appreciated

Tim

Bubba-Q

Post by Bubba-Q » Wed May 07, 2008 3:06 pm

Tim, I split the post as I did not want to take away from the original.

My question is if someone wanted to try and get a fourth location what is the requirements. do they just go to an event and try to piggyback on to their event.

We' ve done that before, yes.

Would the event pay a fee for us to come?

not likely

or is it a totally independant event and we look after our own and just help in boosting the main event.

This is usually the most successful approach.

If 15 teams show up at $200.00 each than where does the other prize money come from?

There is nowhere else to get the money at this point.

Not trying to be blunt but this will be better answered when we have a new board in the fall. I don't have all of the answers...I only jumped in to try and save this season.
There are three types of people in this world; those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wonder what happened, which one are you?

BBQcure
Runner

thanks

Post by BBQcure » Wed May 07, 2008 4:08 pm

I know it is easy to be a critic from the outside looking in but for you and all the people that are trying to make this upcoming season a success I would like to say "Thank You"

Tim

Diva Q

Post by Diva Q » Wed May 07, 2008 4:20 pm

Thank you to all those who have stepped up to the plate.
http://www.divaQ.ca
Visit my blog http://www.divaqbbq.blogspot.com

Traeger Canada
Hovey's Gourmet Meats
Basques Hardwood Lump Charcoal
Big Rock Brewery
Alcan