Smoke on the Water BBQ Competition

Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, etc.

Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators

Bubba-Q
The middle number please (3): 5

Post by Bubba-Q » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:17 pm

ROXY wrote:There was a FEC 100 donated to the CBA last year. Where is it..?? Maybe some one needs to find out where that cooker ended up so there can be a prize for this event. I was told that the cooker was given to the CBA and if some one, no names mentioned, absconded with it, would that not be, dare I say, theft.

Just my 2 cents worth.
There was no FE given to the CBA last year. Get your facts straight before you make suggestions of which you know nothing about.

And you're right David, I was not keen on running with this event as it had issues from day one. Certain problems would shed a darker shadow on recent events and I felt there was absolutely no need to make this information public.

Tell you what David, you are pretty good at lobbing criticisms my way for decisions that I have made regarding this years events. Using your words "here's the ball...run with it", here's the ball David, shove it up your ass!
There are three types of people in this world; those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wonder what happened, which one are you?

ROXY
Pit Master

Post by ROXY » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:48 pm

Wow..!!

Maybe if we had the transparent operation that was promised, "The ‘transparency’ that many sought with the CBA is now in place and we are more than willing to share ‘all we know’ as we unearth details about the satellite events and move forward in creating an Ontario Series we can be happy with and proud to be a part." I would not have wasted my time trying to get another event on the Ontario BBQ Series...

I thought the objective was to "grow the CBA" and another event added or maintained would be doing just that... My bad for stepping out of my place.

As for the "here's the ball...run with it" Sorry if you took that the wrong way, I was simple passing the info on.. I guess you never played football so that would explain why you do not understand that saying.

I could say lots of things in retort to your aggression but I am bigger than that Harvey. I will give you the opportunity to apologize to me face to face.

Look forward to seeing you in Paris.

ROXY
Pit Master

Post by ROXY » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:37 pm

And by the way. Kirk Sharpley personally told me and my team that infact an FEC 100 was donated from Barrie and was to be added to last years Ontario BBQ Series... If you don't believe me ask Tibor or Jim. I am sure they remember the conversation. Since we were in the running for the Series maybe we were privy to this info.. who know.. anyways.

I have criticized who ever it was that decided to make the series a best total score rather than the best 2 of 3 or 3 or 4 as it has been in the past. If that was you decision then yes my words were directed your way... I have been very critical of that decision. It excluded the Canadian Champion, the provincial champion to say the lest.

Precisely Harvey.. Who decided you were to be making decisions about the Ontario BBQ Series that effect other teams and their chances to win the Series. I do not recall you being elected to the position of President of the CBA nor has there been anything stating you have been posted to that position in the interim until an election can take place.

Enough said...

Bubba-Q

Post by Bubba-Q » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:10 pm

ROXY wrote: As for the "here's the ball...run with it" Sorry if you took that the wrong way, I was simple passing the info on.. I guess you never played football so that would explain why you do not understand that saying.

Who decided you were to be making decisions about the Ontario BBQ Series that effect other teams and their chances to win the Series. I do not recall you being elected to the position of President of the CBA nor has there been anything stating you have been posted to that position in the interim until an election can take place.

I could say lots of things in retort to your aggression but I am bigger than that Harvey. I will give you the opportunity to apologize to me face to face.

Look forward to seeing you in Paris.

Didn't play much football David, I was deemed "too aggressive", my bad!

As far as the CBA involvement in the Ontario Series...i give up

As for your apology...I've got it right here!
Last edited by Bubba-Q on Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are three types of people in this world; those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wonder what happened, which one are you?

Swines&Bovines
Pork Puller

Post by Swines&Bovines » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:43 pm

Lets go to Paris and have some fun. That's why we do this isn't it? This association is in a bit of chaos right now - it isn't the fault of anyone here. We all inherited this mess. But if we all start fighting amongst ourselves this thing is going to fall apart in a damn hurry. I appreciate Harvey, Mike and Darryl stepping up - as of a month ago, we were a bunch of grown men (and a few ladies), with a bunch of expensive toys and nowhere to play. SOMEONE, ANYONE had to step up and make this happen or the 2008 season was done before it started. Is this group everyones first choice? For some yes, some no - but you have to appreciate and respect these guys taking action and VOLUNTEERING their time. I'd be saying the same thing if it was Rambo, Roxy and Tim or Vince, Brian and Danielle. Soon enough we'll be able to vote in whoever we want to lead us the rest of the way. When that time comes, that person will be second guessed and critiqued as well. Just cause you're voted, doesn't mean you're popular. Nobody's making money off this. Nobodys getting rich. People are just trying to do what needs to be done so we have some semblance of a season. Right now, given the current state of things, that really works for me - maybe others disagree, but what other options are there? Not to speed up the rumour mill, but just to try to simmer things down, I was also told by Kirk that a brand new FEC 100 would be awarded to the Ontario Series champ at the Gravenurst event. If Kirk has it, had it, was getting it, I don't know any other details aside from what I just said. I'll see all you guys in Paris tomorrow for what is going to be one awesome contest.
Jason
S&B Southern BBQ & Catering Co.

Proud to partner with...
Buster Rhino's Sauce and Rubs
Conestoga Meats
Central Fresh Market
Duraflame Charcoal
Precent Technologies
Breslau Restaurant Supplies
CancerSucksChicago.com

ROXY
Pit Master

Post by ROXY » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:57 pm

Swines&Bovines wrote:but just to try to simmer things down, I was also told by Kirk that a brand new FEC 100 would be awarded to the Ontario Series champ at the Gravenurst event.
Glad you recall that as well.. I was thinking maybe it was a Jack induced hallucination..

See ya tomorrow Jay.

Bubba-Q

Post by Bubba-Q » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:04 pm

As a final point of clarification, if you read my post I said "There was no FE given to the CBA last year"... I did not disagree that it was discussed to varying degrees, but sponsorship and delivery were never guaranteed!

The reference to the Canadian champions being somehow "excluded"
is also untrue. A last minute "withdrawal" from a paid entry yes, an "exclusion"...NO

This thread is on its last legs and will be deleted and replaced with a more friendly and informative version soon.

ROXY
Pit Master

Post by ROXY » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:37 pm

What ever....

Earl
"The Gentleman of BBQ"

Post by Earl » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:55 am

Hi Roxy:

Your wrong about that 100%. The FEC100 was talked about via Cookshack & Kirk but nothing was ever worked out between them so this was not offered up. I do have something in the works for the Satalite events as well as we have taked about other things on the go but there was no FEC100 for last year.

Earl

Adrienne
Rib Rubber

Post by Adrienne » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:28 am

HIJACK!!!

Earl - why haven't you left yet?

See ya in Paris!

Adrienne
Many thanks to sponsors supporting my team:
Traeger Canada ~ Smokinlicious Gourmet Wood Products ~ Brant Food ~ Cooshack ~ Jim Bray Trailer Sales ~ Chicago 58 ~ Hogewoning Toyota

CBJ# 39745 (there's my BBQ Goddess # Jim)