: (

Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, etc.

Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators

Bubba-Q
The middle number please (3): 5

: (

Post by Bubba-Q » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:41 pm

It is with a heavy heart that I post this message.

Most, if not all of you, know what the Canadian BBQ community and its future mean to me, and most of you are aware of the issues surrounding my home right now. For the past 3 weeks we have had to have family time around the kitchen table, not that there is anything wrong with that, but when our basement flooded we lost our entertainment area, our play area(with the kids), most of our children's play toys, our satellite, stereo etc. etc. etc...basically we lost the area where we had our family time and "unwind time".

This has totally turned our personal lives upside down and has been an enormously stressful period without any clear end in sight. We are hoping reconstruction will begin next week, but this could/will be a long process and has most certainly, however temporarily, realigned my "competition focus".

I have only missed one competition in the past 4 years, and it really breaks my heart to miss what I consider to be the "best of the best" in Canadian BBQ. My children are sad, my wife is sad, but we really have no other choice at this point. I had even entertained the idea of helping out by assuming a part in "judging" the competition, but it just doesn't seem to be in the cards. Believe me, I will do everything possible to drive up and visit you all, even if only for a few hours!l

With that said... I wish the BEST OF LUCK to all teams, both Pro and Amateur! Do your best, and be proud to know that you can plate your food next to any chef, anywhere!

I also wish fun, guidance, and lots of "cheer", to the many judges who are fortunate enough to taste some extraordinary dishes created by a group of truly passionate cooks. These cooks put all of their heart and soul into this event, judge their dishes with the same consideration.

Have a great time folks, most of you have my number, so please call and keep me up-to-date. Cook well, have a few pops, have a great time, and toss a few RedHots around for me : )

Best in BBQ to you all!!!

Harvey
There are three types of people in this world; those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wonder what happened, which one are you?

Dkoster
The middle number please (3): 3

Post by Dkoster » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:54 pm

Harvey,

I know you will be well missed by everyone there. You have been a fixture on the circuit and have helped in more ways than many people actually know. I wish you the best of luck and if there is anything I can do to help please don't hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely
Darryl Koster
President / Pit Boss
Buster Rhino's Inc.
http://www.busterrhinos.com
905-436-6986
Franchise Opportunities Now Available!

Adrienne
Rib Rubber

Post by Adrienne » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:19 pm

:shock: :cry: Sorry to learn of the decision. You will be missed! Fingers crossed that the reno begins, as planned, and goes along swimmingly. As I had mentioned before - been where you're at, and know it sucks, big time. Our leisure time is spent the same way as your's, so can feel your family's loss. Fingers crossed for you, that this is a 'one off'. It happened with such frequency here, I got the t-shirt! :? :lol: Stiff upper lip and all that, my friend!
Many thanks to sponsors supporting my team:
Traeger Canada ~ Smokinlicious Gourmet Wood Products ~ Brant Food ~ Cooshack ~ Jim Bray Trailer Sales ~ Chicago 58 ~ Hogewoning Toyota

CBJ# 39745 (there's my BBQ Goddess # Jim)

Schultz-Happy Grillmore

Post by Schultz-Happy Grillmore » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:54 am

So Sorry to hear Harvey! You will be missed very much next weekend!

Good Luck with your home and talk to you soon.

atruckerswife
Chicken Choker

Post by atruckerswife » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:31 am

Will miss you Harvey.

We will all think of you fondly, do our best, and hoist a drink or 2 to you for all you have done.
Louisa

"Some days are blonder then others"

Molson
Chicken Choker

Post by Molson » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:10 am

I'll have one (or 14) for you Harv! Take care, I'm sure we'll see you soon.

Scotty J
Runner

Post by Scotty J » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:54 am

Harvey

Hopefully we can hook up soon, Family #1. If we don't see you in Barrie, we will see you in Merlin.

Take Care and
all the Best
Scotty J

Earl
"The Gentleman of BBQ"

Post by Earl » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:00 am

Harvey, i am real sorry to hear this but we know you'r doing the best thing for you & the family. Kind of sucks to have to deal with such an upset in the house & lose some good memories.

Take care & we hope to see you all soon.

Earl & Barb

Michele
Gofor

Post by Michele » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:50 pm

Gee Harv, that just sucks all the way around!

Barrie most certainly will not be the same without you there. We will raise our beer (covered with a Snapple can, of course) and toast to you, my friend. The tossing of the RedHots, well I can't make any promises on that one! :wink:

I sure hope everything gets worked out real soon for you and your family.

Take care.
Michele
Homefires Burnin' BBQ

Hippieforever99
Pit Master

Hey There Buddy

Post by Hippieforever99 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:22 am

:cry: I am so very sorry to hear that you won't competing in Barrie this time. I know that I and a multitude of others will miss you, your family and team greatly at Barrie. I hope and pray that all will come together well for you and your family. Give them all my best and know that I will abstain from eating candy floss that weekend in your honor. You will have to ask Swampdaddy about that sometime :wink: Take care and I hope you will at least be able to make it for a visit at least. Talk to ya soon 8) Hippie
Personal Blog: www.bbq-is-a-way-of-life.blogspot.com

JUST LOVIN BBQ WITH A GREAT GLASS OF WINE

Woody
Gofor

Post by Woody » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:45 pm

Harvey,
Sorry to hear that you wont be able to make Barrie but family is #1. From all of us at Big Sid's BBQ we wish you the best and will see you agin soon.
Smoke it if you can!!!
BIG SID'S BBQ TEAM
Strodes Express

ProBBQ
Chicken Choker

Post by ProBBQ » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:27 am

Hey Harv, sorry to hear about all the troubles, just hang in there dude, it'll come right in the end!

One thing that does worry me though... are we going to read in the news, following the event, that several beer factories have closed now that neither of us can make it :P

Good luck to all the teams competing!
Ian

Stacked & Smokin Hot!
www.probbq.co.uk