Barrie Event- What Were You Thinking?

Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, etc.

Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators

Florida BBQMAN
Dishwasher
The middle number please (3): 3
Antispam: No

Barrie Event- What Were You Thinking?

Post by Florida BBQMAN » Mon May 18, 2009 6:35 am

My name is Mike, and I had planned to participate in Barrie after my experience at MIM last year.

So the Barrie event has been canceled less than two month's prior to the date that had already been changed once.

I could only afford to do one or the other, not both. MIM was a Mess In May last year (so I thought), but this takes the cake folks!

So I bought my plane tickets, made arrangements to stay with friends in the Buffalo NY and Barrie area, and have reserved a rental car. I made arrangements to have my catering schedule set up so that my step son could handle the jobs while I was away.

Then you post a locked down topic basically telling eveyone the bad news while sugar coating it and promoting your other events?

I mean come on, you have to be kidding me!!!!!! That's pure class right there.

Cancel the Barrie event two month's away while promoting your Father's Day Event next month? What a slap in the face............................

Most of my snowbird retirement communities are Canadian and just the best folks to work with with. So I was looking forward to some Canadian hospitality and to see some sights while leaving some of my hard earned dollars on your economy.

You guys and gals got some serious problems to overcome.