running a bbq event

Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, etc.

Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators

HONCHO GREGORY
Gofor
The middle number please (3): 5

running a bbq event

Post by HONCHO GREGORY » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:21 pm

You know we (Karen n Myself) have a lot of friends on this forum, Some we haven't met yet. We know that thing are real bad in this world, We are having a hard time getting the sponsors we had last yr. We are working our BUTTS off to try to put the bbq event in Wheatfield NY on. But those of you know us know we will work harder than last year. We do this for the love of BBQ and our friends.

What makes me sad is that a lot of events are having a harder time that us. I hate to hear any event fail, but I'm sure it's not due to those running the event. I'm thinking they are trying the best they can. and it is real hard to tell our friends that we have to cancel the bbq event you have all grown to love, Please just walk a mile in our shoes

So please if you can help in any way with any event, PLEASE offer your help. If we can all have a good time at the events, then that will give you the drive to help. And when the event is over and gone you'll fell the same pride that all event organizers feel, and thats a great sense of accomplishment

So lets all enjoy our short bbq season the best we can, and next year we hope will be better for all the events

Hope to see you at an event near you soon
Thanks Karen n Honcho Gregory
SOME STOP FOR YD SALES
i STOP FOR BBQ

Duncola
Pork Puller

Re: running a bbq event

Post by Duncola » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:12 pm

Honcho,
Are you advising that the Wheatfield comp is a no go? :? ...That's what I seem to understand from your post...If so then a great comp is gone to the way-side just like the "Open" in Barrie...please confirm if the event is a go or a no-go :!: ....

Duncola
"The Q Crew"......
For 2009 crewing with SwampDaddy's BBQ

HONCHO GREGORY
Gofor

Post by HONCHO GREGORY » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:29 am

NO WE ARE STILL ON, IT'S A GO

Sorry for the confusion, I just don't want someone that is working so hard to take any grief if it don't work out
We do this for all of us, the good of BBQ. Things are getting tougher as we type. I'm sure they are trying as hard as they can, I just don't want to see this war of words, We are all in this BBQ thing together. Lets try to be a little more forgiving, We all have a lot of pressure in our lives, let's leave it out of our BBQ Thing. This is our escape

May I suggest, that those events that are having a hard time, think about a smaller payout, till things turn the corner
That my friends would save the contest,

Just an Idea, lets get back to having fun,
SOME STOP FOR YD SALES
i STOP FOR BBQ

Duncola
Pork Puller

Post by Duncola » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:47 am

WHEW!...wiping my brow! :D

So glad to see you are still a go :!: :!:

...and I could not agree more about the working together and supporting what comps we have left and supporting any new "smaller" comps that may come to light over the next year or two...
Keep up the Great work!!!

Duncola
The Q Crew
For 2009 crewing with SwampDaddy's BBQ

TheBBQShop
Beer Wench
The middle number please (3): 3
Antispam: No

Post by TheBBQShop » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:29 am

THE CONTEST IS STILL ON!

Considering the amount of road blocks that have been placed in Honcho's path, you would know that a lesser person would have bailed long ago- but to know him is to know how dedicated he is to the love of barbecue, this contest, and the potential it has to benefit our local area- and without any political or financial gain to himself...

I have heard from more than one person what a great event it was for a first time event last year, and he (along with a little help from me) have laid plans to make it an even bigger and better event for this year and the coming years...

I understand how tight the economy is, and what a big out of pocket expense to the competing teams these contests can be, but I would urge all the teams that plan on attending to contribute to the success of this contest by sending in your applications so that there is some cash flow to work with, to help with the advertising and promotion, which will allow this to be a bigger and better event for everyone- and to any potential sponsors, many have promised to get involved, but few have actually come through to date, so if you are able to contribute to this event, step forward and show your support to the sport of competitive barbecue and to foster a community event that has the potential of benefiting so many of us...

HONCHO GREGORY
Gofor

Post by HONCHO GREGORY » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:16 am

Hello to all of our friends to the north,

For anyone that might be planning on attending the Smokin' Eagles International BBQ Festival- notice that we have had a change of venue- Instead of The Summit parking lot, we are now moving to the Wheatfield Town Hall Campus The "Official" address is: 2800 Church Road, Wheatfield NY 14120-1099. It is literally right around the corner from the old mall and will allow for the use of green space (grass under our feet is a GOOD thing in August! ) as well as use of the Community center and recreation building, which will give our visiting teams the use of the SHOWER faciilities!
And running water "not water that you have run for"

Thank You Karen n Honcho Gregory 1-716-695-3755
SOME STOP FOR YD SALES
i STOP FOR BBQ