in a bit of a jam

Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, etc.

Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators

sledzzsmokinbbq
Firestarter
The middle number please (3): 3
Antispam: No

in a bit of a jam

Post by sledzzsmokinbbq » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:39 pm

we are having our first cookoff.we really need a set of rules or guidelines for our judges to judge the comp. If anybody has some could they please email them to sledzzbbq@hotmail.com greatly appreciated thanx

SmokinQ
Pork Puller
The middle number please (3): 5

Re: in a bit of a jam

Post by SmokinQ » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:47 am

Where is the competition and how big is it going to be and when is it going to be?

I have just taken the KCBS course so it is fresh in my mind but would be pretty lengthy to post here.

Hippieforever99
Pit Master
The middle number please (3): 5

Post by Hippieforever99 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:30 am

Over the years I have been saying that judges here in Canada should be certified. I was thinking of some type of Canadian certification and not KCBS, MIM, etc., as we BBQ at some of our comps a little different maybe then our American cousins. Now I am second guessing the idea. I feel that a head judge like Scotty J in Paris, do just a great job of talking to and giving guidelines to all the judges before a comp. He has covered most everything I think a judge should need to know at a comp, before each category is to be judged. Just my .02 there. 8) Hippie
Personal Blog: www.bbq-is-a-way-of-life.blogspot.com

JUST LOVIN BBQ WITH A GREAT GLASS OF WINE

sledzzsmokinbbq
Firestarter
The middle number please (3): 3
Antispam: No

Post by sledzzsmokinbbq » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:36 am

The comp is in renfrew just off the main street .We are hoping to have 20 teams of 2 .Its going to start fri at4pm and sat at 10am we have live music fri nite and saturday till1am its on july 17-18 we also have room for a few vendors .Come and enjoy our first QIN FOR A CURE with all proceeds toward relay for life