CSBBQ JUDGING CALL

Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, etc.

Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators

Iamarealbigdog
Runner
The middle number please (3): 5

CSBBQ JUDGING CALL

Post by Iamarealbigdog » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:52 am

It is now time to put together our judging team for the St Thomas event. We have targeted a mix of judges to round out the overall profile of the event. We are calling for 30 judges for Saturday Pro Division. Of this group it will be an even split of (Experienced Judges), (Celebrity, Media, or Local Dignitaries) and lastly (Sponsors).

I expect there will be shortfall or no shows so we will supplement those spots with volunteers that have judging credentials.

Where I am going with this, is that we are selecting ten experienced judges from the BBQ community, the scope of that decision will be their experience, background, location and contribution to the BBQ community.

If an interested person does not make the first pool they can offer their services for the weekend to volunteer Friday and Saturday and their name will be put into the secondary pool. We will be absolutely going to that pool and pulling names at random.

I am a firm believer in giving back to a community that takes an active role in an event, (not just ours). I encourage all BBQ enthusiasts in volunteering in as many events as possible. If you’re interested in helping out us contact.

Director@Canadasouthernbbq.com

If you have a possible sponsor in mind, become a volunteer fund raiser, every little bit counts. We are all in this together…

Cheers…

Mike C.

Iamarealbigdog
Runner
The middle number please (3): 5

Re: CSBBQ JUDGING CALL

Post by Iamarealbigdog » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:30 pm

Still looking for experienced BBQ judges...

I have started handing out confirmations but would like to draw from the best of the best

Cheers

mikita21
knows what a "fatty" is
The middle number please (3): 3
Antispam: No

Re: CSBBQ JUDGING CALL

Post by mikita21 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:40 am

I am a judge, but have a Friday night committment in Orillia. What is the actual judging schedule for Saturday, and is there a need for judges on Sunday, at all?

I am Memphis In May Certified and MBN trained....just may be a victim of bad timing.
Thanks!
"...'cause ya don't win friends with salad!"