2010 Canadian Open BBQ Championships at Beach Ribfest

Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, etc.

Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators

Smokin` Hot Chick
The middle number please (3): 3
Antispam: No

2010 Canadian Open BBQ Championships at Beach Ribfest

Post by Smokin` Hot Chick » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:35 am

*** Re-print of email sent to all teams on Friday, October 9th, 2009 ***

Hello Teams of the BBQ Community,

After seeing Vince, from Two Men and a Hog, the other night, I figured it was time to send through the following email...

I would first like to start off by thanking those that took part at BEACH RIBFEST this past year in the Crazy Canuck BBQ Championships on Father`s Day Weekend. Your support is greatly appreciated. It was fantastic to have everyone out to our new home, Woodbine Park, in the City of Toronto. It may have rained on the Saturday but that sure did not put dampen the spirit which you all brought.

As previously mentioned to all teams, Beach Ribfest will once again be happening FATHER'S DAY WEEKEND 2010 – June 18-20! We are looking forward to having those teams back who participated this year and very much look forward to those who will be attending in 2010.

In the first year of Beach Ribfest, the Crazy Canuck BBQ Championships ran on the Saturday of the event but we are certainly expanding the competition for 2010. After watching the BBQ Event in Barrie dissolve, for various reasons, it was a sad year for me. We worked hard to ensure that a competition still happened by adding the Crazy Canuck BBQ Championships to this new event. And we would say with only 7 weeks of planning we were very successful.

That being said, after many meetings and discussions, the CANADIAN OPEN BBQ CHAMPIONSHIPS will officially be brought back to life!

I am pleased to announce that the CANADIAN OPEN BBQ CHAMPIONSHIPS home will be Toronto`s Beach Ribfest. Backed by the City of Toronto and the Beaches Community the Championships are sure to be a continued hit. The competition will run just as it once did in Barrie, but at its new home Woodbine Park.

***Teams from around the world, judges from across North America, blind & onsite judging, 7 categories, incredible prize money & trophies, as well as an automatic entry to The Jack!

The BBQ competition will be better than ever. Sponsored by just some of the following Jack Daniel’s, Napoleon Gourmet Grills, Canadian Tire, Wellington Brewery & more!!!

Please, join us (and mark on your calendars now!) to compete in the CANADIAN OPEN BBQ CHAMPIONSHIPS: Friday, June 18 – Sunday, June 20 (for a full 2 day competition)

More information on the CANADIAN OPEN BBQ CHAMPIONSHIPS will be coming soon, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled! Do not hesitate to contact me with questions.

For additional info on Beach Ribfest itself, there will be lots of the same and new elements such as:

- Canadian Open BBQ Championships – Saturday & Sunday
- Toronto Firefighter`s Command Cook Off – Saturday
- Napoleon’s Father’s Day National BBQ Cook Off – Sunday
- Amateur BBQ Competition – Sunday
- Wellington Boot Toss Competition – Adults and Kids (Date TBD)
- Beer Garden
- Live entertainment – Rock Fridays, Blues & BBQ Saturdays and Ribs & Reggae Sundays
- BBQ Food Vendors
- Product Vendors
- Beer Vendors
- Kid`s Amusement Area
- And more!!!

So who is in for the fun?... Say I! We would love to have you all there.

Thanks everyone! Love to hear from you all.
May your winter BBQ season be amazing.

Beach Ribfest is a proud supporter of Camp Bucko.

~Caiti~

Caiti McLelland
Director, Beach Ribfest & The Canadian Open BBQ Championships
Eventrix Partnership Inc.
416-635-9889 ext 28
caiti@eventrix.ca

Duncola
Pork Puller
The middle number please (3): 5

Re: 2010 Canadian Open BBQ Championships at Beach Ribfest

Post by Duncola » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:49 pm

The Q Crew
Allow us to be the "first team to officially step up here on the forum" and throw our hat in the competitive ring of this comp....We look forward to seeing everyone at the event and if you have been tossing around the idea of entering a comp (either Amateur or Pro) then this is the one to do it at....

Cheers from The Q Crew :wink:

Bring on 2010!!!!!!

Duncola: Pit Master
The Q Crew