Group buy - Maple Leaf lump charcoal 8KG, $12.50 a bag

If you have something (BBQ RELATED) that you would like to buy, sell or trade, feel free to post it here.
Topics not posted to in 60 days will be deleted.

Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators

canadaodyowner
Gofor
The middle number please (3): 5

Group buy - Maple Leaf lump charcoal 8KG, $12.50 a bag

Post by canadaodyowner » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:44 pm

Found a source for 8KG Maple Leaf lump charcoal (think it's from Quebec, highly rated by Naked Whiz) at $12.50+taxes per bag, minimum purchase 20 bags. I'd like 10 bags, looking for others to share the rest. Let me know if you're interested, I'm in North Toronto.

stevo
Runner

Post by stevo » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:51 am

Still looking for someone??

I can take 10 in Windsor.. I am currently paying approx $16. I will need a pickup point and maybe I can have one of my drivers pick them up.
sit down, shut up and smoke some butts!!!!

Boomer
Dishwasher

Post by Boomer » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:06 pm

I can go in for 10 or more if you want to try splitting a skid three ways which should be cheaper.

stevo
Runner

Post by stevo » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:21 am

I will take whatever you have (10 bags or less). The thing is that I would only save about 30 bucks so getting it to windsor would need to be real cheep.

canadaodyowner
Gofor

Post by canadaodyowner » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:55 pm

Just to clarify, I have not bought yet.

If we buy 20 or more bags, it's $12.50 a bag, hence no advantage in buying whole skid.

Stevo, I figure you have registered catering business? If you buy for the group we pay GST only, if I buy we'll have to pay both GST and PST. Can your driver be in North Toronto on a Saturday 8AM-4PM?

Boomer, were you at Ontario Gas BBQ last Saturday for the Big Green Egg demo?

As for quantities, if each of you want 10 or more, and I take 5, we're good for the 20 minimum.

Let me know.

stevo
Runner

Post by stevo » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:09 pm

I'm not registered sorry, As for my driver he would be there during the week. I would have to confirm his schedule though as to what times exactaly. There won't be any of our trucks up there until the new year. We are automotive industry driven and almost everything is shutdown until the 5th of January at the earliest.

canadaodyowner
Gofor

Post by canadaodyowner » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:17 pm

I'm in no hurry, let's wait till the new year. Season's Greetings to all.

Trev
Pork Puller

Post by Trev » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:06 pm

I think I may be interested in at least 5 bags also, but I'd take 10 if I had to. I'll keep an eye on this thread and see what develops in the new year. I live fairly close to the GTA (Burlington) and can travel for pick up pretty much whenever the time comes.
Canadaodyowner, are you expecting to take delivery at your place and distribute from there?
Keep us posted, and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

:D
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who are good at math and those who aren't.

canadaodyowner
Gofor

Post by canadaodyowner » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:46 pm

Stevo and Trev, since you're both from the west, it's a lot easier for you guys to buy from Nella Cutlery in Mississauga where I believe you just need to buy minimum of 6 bags to get the $12.50 pricing, problem for me is they are closed on Saturdays.

My source in North Toronto close to home is opened on Saturdays but charges $14.50 a bag unless I buy 20 or more bags. I guess the extra $2 is worth the 'convenience' for me.

I just don't feel right to ask you guys to drive extra distance when you can get the same deal in Mississauga.

Merry Christmas and all the best in 2009 to you all and your loved ones.

Trev
Pork Puller

Post by Trev » Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:09 pm

Hey, thanks a lot for the tip. I do believe I'll take them up on the offer and drop in. I love ML lump and I can definitely find room for 6 more bags.
Merry Christmas and a safe and happy new year to you and yours.

:D

edit: I just checked their location in Mississauga and I'll be working within a couple blocks of them for at least 2 days next week. Talk about lucky!
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who are good at math and those who aren't.

canadaodyowner
Gofor

Post by canadaodyowner » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:36 am

lucky you, any chance you can pick up 6 bags for me? nay, just kidding. :lol:

Trev
Pork Puller

Post by Trev » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:23 pm

Well, I dropped by Nella Cutlery and the pricing is just as you had first expained-- 20 or more bags is $12.50/bag, 12 - 19 bags is $14.50/bag. I only had room in my work vehicle for 6 bags at most, so I ended up not getting any. It's alright though, there's still plenty of time to put together a bulk buy with a few people on the board, if there are any others in the west who are interested.

canadaodyowner
Gofor

Post by canadaodyowner » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:02 am

Trev, I'm sorry for the out-of-date pricing in Mississauga, that's what someone else told me not too long ago. To be honest I've only talked to the Nella outlet in North Toronto (Norfinch Drive).

By the way, when you said $14.50/bag for 12-19 bags, are you implying they charge >14.50 if you buy less than 12 bags, or you must buy minimum of 12 bags? Perhaps you meant 1-19 bags? At the Norfinch Drive location I was told it's 14.50 even if I buy just one bag.

Have a Happy New Year!

Trev
Pork Puller

Post by Trev » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:17 am

Hey, it's no problem. I was right around the corner anyway.
Regarding the pricing, that's a good question. The sheet they had posted didn't actually give any other pricing on it, but it did say 12 bags was $14.50 and 20 bags (or more) was $12.50. I didn't pursue it because it's $16 around the corner from my house.
Anyway, it's not a big deal. I'd still do a bulk buy but I'd only be in for 5 or 6 bags.

canadaodyowner
Gofor

Post by canadaodyowner » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:37 am

Trev, I can be at the Norfinch Drive location on Saturdays only. Perhaps we can do it whenever you need to be in Toronto on a Saturday for other business so you don't have to make a special trip? If you take 6, it'll be perfect if Stevo can split the remaining 14 with me...otherwise I'll just eat the 14 and hopefully sell some to others. Stevo are you there? By the way, just curious what lump cookers you folks use? I use a big green egg.