Group buy - Maple Leaf lump charcoal 8KG, $12.50 a bag

If you have something (BBQ RELATED) that you would like to buy, sell or trade, feel free to post it here.
Topics not posted to in 60 days will be deleted.

Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators

Trev
Pork Puller
The middle number please (3): 5

Post by Trev » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:47 am

That sounds alright, if Stevo is into it. I don't mind a bit of a drive, just not to the east side or something like that.
I use a WSM and a weber kettle (OTG) for the lions share of my BBQ, but I also have a Genesis gasser for grilling. Oddly enough, my wife doesn't like the taste associated with charcoal but loves anything done on the gasser. I can understand somewhat, the charcoal does leave a taste, but I love it and so do the kids.
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who are good at math and those who aren't.

canadaodyowner
Gofor

Post by canadaodyowner » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:21 pm

Trev, I sent you a PM.

Trev
Pork Puller

Post by Trev » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:57 pm

I replied to your PM. Hopefully we can set up something in the near future.
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who are good at math and those who aren't.

canadaodyowner
Gofor

Post by canadaodyowner » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:33 pm

Got the PM, looking forward to see you. I bought a single bag yesterday to try out. if it's as good as everyone says I may want more than 10 bags! (20 is the min, not max)

stevo
Runner

Post by stevo » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:31 am

Ya I'm here, Sorry been out of touch with this bulk buy lately. Glad you could shake me up here. I just made a call (as I was reading your replies) and the run that we had from TO to Windsor was out bid by another trucking company. With this said I cannot get to TO to pick this up.

Jules, your close. Do you pick any stuff up from TO??

Sorry guys. Trust me I didn't want to miss out on this but if I can't get it then I guess I will have to keep paying top dollar.
sit down, shut up and smoke some butts!!!!

canadaodyowner
Gofor

Post by canadaodyowner » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:08 am

Steve, we haven't pulled the trigger yet. Waiting till Trev has an opportunity to visit Toronto for other business on a Saturday so he can kill two birds...would be nice if you can somehow join in even though the two of us can satisfy the min 20 bags requirement.

Trev
Pork Puller

Post by Trev » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:47 pm

I haven't forgotten either. I'll let you know as soon as I can make the trip on a Saturday. I was kind of thinking next Saturday (Jan 24) as a possibility. I'll see if I can work it out and let you know for sure. I see you picked up a bag, did you get to try it out yet? It's lovely stuff, I love it!

canadaodyowner
Gofor

Post by canadaodyowner » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:20 am

No rush, take your time. Won't be cooking any time soon, at least until the current extreme cold spell is over :) . Also, I still have five bags of Le Gourmet Classique from Argentina, paid $13.99 at a local grocery store at the end of summer (Ontario Gas BBQ sells these for $19.99). I'm afraid that after trying the Maple Leaf I won't be able to go back to Le Gourmet.

Justin
Chicken Choker

Post by Justin » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:54 pm

I went to buy a bag from Rona out here on the west coast, $25.00 a bag!! :shock: I left it at the store. You guys are lucky to get it at the price you do.
Justin

www.smokeandbones.ca

"She could do things with her one GOOD arm that would make you forget about that thing on her neck" - Chris Farley

Trev
Pork Puller

Post by Trev » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:56 pm

Wow, that's pretty expensive all right. I get it for $17 just down the road. After taxes it's just under $20. I guess the farther you get from Quebec the more shipping costs become a factor.

canadaodyowner
Gofor

Post by canadaodyowner » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:58 am

$25.00 a bag!!
ouch! I wonder how much it costs in the Montreal area.

stevo
Runner

Post by stevo » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:40 am

Trev I think you hit the nail on the head with the shipping. I too have paid over $25 for a bag of coal. I just paid $24.99+ tax for a bag of Natures Own. Mind you this was from a store that is known for high prices because they only sell high end stuff (napolian, webber, BGE etc).

bbbrown
Rib Rubber

Post by bbbrown » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:02 am

stevo
Runner

Post by stevo » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:15 am

BB PM sent

Trev
Pork Puller

Post by Trev » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:04 pm

Tough to do in the city; the only fire I'm allowed is for cooking purposes. Sounds like there's quite a bit of smoke produced during the process as well. I wish I still lived in the country, I'd try it for sure!