Hello from NC

Welcome, please introduce yourself. Tell us who you are, where from etc.This forum is to be used for "introductions" and "welcome" posts ONLY.

Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators

joey fatface
Dishwasher
The middle number please (3): 3
Antispam: No

Hello from NC

Post by joey fatface » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:03 am

My name is Jeremy but I go by the handle Joey Fatface. I live near Charlotte NC after growing up in Ohio. I recently scored a smoker from Craigslist. It is a brinkman smokenpit. Got it for 35 bucks so I was happy to get a economical solution to my bbq problem. I just had my first child and am looking to get this smoking thing going good by the time she is old enough to enjoy the fruits of my labors. I have posted some questions on the beginners page and I am sure that I will have many more questions to come. I think this is a great site with a ton of useful information for everyone to learn something.

Thanks to all of the experienced smokers for all of the future insight to be laid upon me!

jeremy

Bubba-Q
The middle number please (3): 5

Re: Hello from NC

Post by Bubba-Q » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:57 pm

Welcome to BBQTalk, Joey.

Thanks for joining!
There are three types of people in this world; those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wonder what happened, which one are you?

kevinv
Runner

Post by kevinv » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:30 pm

Welcome aboard. Pull up a q and stay a while.

Hippieforever99
Pit Master

Post by Hippieforever99 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:57 pm

Welcome Joey
I know that you will love this site. Lots of great people and advice to help you out. Looking forward to reading some of your future posts. 8) Hippie
Personal Blog: www.bbq-is-a-way-of-life.blogspot.com

JUST LOVIN BBQ WITH A GREAT GLASS OF WINE

stevo
Runner

Post by stevo » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:25 am

Welcome Jeremy

Ahh the first baby girl. It's a beautiful thing and please make sure that you charish every moment. Mine is now two and a half and we just took our first visit to the arbitoir (kept her out of the slauter section of course). Hope your future pit master follows your love for Qing and you can enjoy it together. This is what it's all about, family, freinds and good eats. (don't forget about the odd cold one)

b6
sit down, shut up and smoke some butts!!!!

doogster
Chicken Choker
The middle number please (3): 3
Antispam: No

Post by doogster » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:41 am

I actually wound up with 2 smokers within a coupla weeks. Got a Masterbuilt, then the Cookshacks went on sale, so I got that with the intention of selling the Masterbuilt, still new in box, I had literally just got it. The offers I was getting were insane, so just decided to keep both. Saw Harvey's vids on Youtube. Decided to join. I love the approach, way more easy going than the US forums.
When it comes to beatin's, baby you deserve the best.