Hello from Barrie ontario

Welcome, please introduce yourself. Tell us who you are, where from etc.This forum is to be used for "introductions" and "welcome" posts ONLY.

Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators

MSGIRLYQ
Beer Wench
The middle number please (3): 3
Antispam: No

Hello from Barrie ontario

Post by MSGIRLYQ » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:46 pm

Hi All
I am so exited to join the "TALK"
I picked up the BBQ BUG at last years BBQ compitition Held in Barrie Ontario where I Judged for the first time.
I was so incredibly in ahhhh of all the high calibre food that was dish out expecially from The Black Pig BBQ team that it easily got me hooked!!!
I have sinced bought a treager from Simcoe County Smokers BBQ team and have been smokin ever since!!! YAhh
I still judge and love picking to pros brains to quench my ever growing thirst of Smokin knowledge.
BBQIN is definatly my HAPPY PLACE since I am unable to continue my career in the beverage industry due to Health reasons.
I have been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis but I never ever ever let it bring my spirits down.
A special thanks to Diva Q for a great rib cooking day.
Thanks ALL
MS girly Q b4

Diva Q
The middle number please (3): 5

Re: Hello from Barrie ontario

Post by Diva Q » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:06 am

Hey!

Great to see you here and on the weekend. All the best to you and BBQ!
http://www.divaQ.ca
Visit my blog http://www.divaqbbq.blogspot.com

Traeger Canada
Hovey's Gourmet Meats
Basques Hardwood Lump Charcoal
Big Rock Brewery
Alcan

Molson
Chicken Choker

Post by Molson » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:08 pm

Hey! Welcome to the site!!
"The last time I ate the peach I was sittin' by the river, an' all of a sudden, there comes a squirrel, floatin down the river, eating cashews!!!" - Gary, Hillbilly Deluxe BBQ

KCBS Certified Judge, and along with Adrienne, Self proclaimed BBQ God!

Trev
Pork Puller

Post by Trev » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:08 pm

Hi MsGirlyQ,
Welcome to the site. This place should quench your thirst for knowledge of everything BBQ related, including some stuff that isn't.
Sorry to hear about the MS. I was also diagnosed with MS in the summer of /04 and, coincidentally, I was also living in Barrie at the time. Maybe something in the water?
Hang in there, Girly. Q'in is good for what ails you.

b2 Here's to temperance!
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who are good at math and those who aren't.

kevinv
Runner

Post by kevinv » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:30 pm

welcome aboard. pull up a q and stay awhile.

sledzzsmokinbbq
Firestarter

Post by sledzzsmokinbbq » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:54 pm

hey from Barrie welcome aboard from renfrew.On july 17 &18 we are throwing a cookoff on the street calling it "Q-IN FOR THE CURE" its our first backyard bbq comp with hopefully twenty teams of two competing for 500.00.Maybe you could take the scenic drive through algonquin park to the FREW and do some judging for us?

sledzzsmokinbbq
Firestarter

Post by sledzzsmokinbbq » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:03 pm

ok i forgot to put in my last post,seeing you have done some judging can you email us some type of point system for judging.thnx sledzzbbq@hotmail.com

Stella
Dishwasher

Post by Stella » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:09 pm

Hey MSGIRLQ,
Glad you join talk and so am I :)
Me and my son just bought a smoker the other day and we both like using it.
Was just reading around and found this one and saw what sledzzsmokinbbq wrote so this is going to him....

Could you give me some more info on what your talking about like what do we cook and how to get a team into this.
We live near Renfrew (on the other side of Ottawa) so about 1.5hrs away and might come up for this if we get the time.
Thanks alot,

MSGIRLYQ
Beer Wench

Post by MSGIRLYQ » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:15 am

Hi Trev
Thanks for the inspiring comments !!
How do you find the Hot Hot days ?
I really enjoy using my smoker because I dont have to stand behind a bbq and get overheated.
The heat really makes me feel like crape!!!
:twisted:

MSGIRLYQ
Beer Wench

Post by MSGIRLYQ » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:25 am

sledzzsmokinbbq wrote:hey from Barrie welcome aboard from renfrew.On july 17 &18 we are throwing a cookoff on the street calling it "Q-IN FOR THE CURE" its our first backyard bbq comp with hopefully twenty teams of two competing for 500.00.Maybe you could take the scenic drive through algonquin park to the FREW and do some judging for us?

Hay there Beer Wench

Your invite sound sooo tempting!!!
I have to see what my husband has planed for the summer with my 2 girls 6 and 7 years old
I know we are going away around that time so I am going to work on him to rearrange our plans so we can take the drive. I have never been up that way and it sounds like a good drive.
I will email you a copy of my last compitition sample judging sheet so lyou have an idea what we arelooking for.
Talk to you soon
MSgirlyQ

Trev
Pork Puller

Post by Trev » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:38 pm

MSGIRLYQ wrote:Hi Trev
Thanks for the inspiring comments !!
How do you find the Hot Hot days ?
I really enjoy using my smoker because I dont have to stand behind a bbq and get overheated.
The heat really makes me feel like crape!!!
:twisted:
The heat is very, very bad. I get all kinds of crazy sensations and dizzy spells from too much heat, and terrible back pain from too much cold. Not good for a guy who has worked outside his whole life and will likely stay that way for the forseeable future. Ah well, I'm gettin' too old to change now.
You're right about the smoker being easier (temp wise) to handle than the grill. Sometimes the grill makes me a little light-headed from the heat coming off it. I dearly love the summer, and I pine for it all winter long, but I can only handle so much of it.
How are you making out in this heat? Are you experiencing any difficulties from it yet?
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who are good at math and those who aren't.

sledzzsmokinbbq
Firestarter

Post by sledzzsmokinbbq » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:56 pm

hi msgirlyq i m not the beer wench i m sledzzbbq@hotmail.com lol hope to hear from you soon thnx