Hello All!

Welcome, please introduce yourself. Tell us who you are, where from etc.This forum is to be used for "introductions" and "welcome" posts ONLY.

Moderator: BBQTalk Moderators

Jasper
Beer Wench
The middle number please (3): 3
Antispam: No

Hello All!

Post by Jasper » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:10 pm

Oh man, nothing beats BBQ, beer and baking out in your backyard on a nice sunny day like today. 8) I've always been a propane BBQ'er and have also been smoking with them for years, until this summer. I bought my first charcoal grill, a 22.5" Weber OTS, and I don't think I'll ever use propane again! :D I wasn't even planning on buying a charcoal grill because I always figured they were too inconvenient. I ended up getting one because my wife wanted one of those outdoor firepits and I figured lets just get one of those Weber kettle grills and we can use it as both...wood burning for marshmellows and wieners and charcoal for BBQ meats and other foods. Well, it's worked great as both.

I've been using lump charcoal for most of my cooking and today I used a mixture of briquettes and lump and the results were awesome with the chicken I cooked. I threw in a few wood chips for a bit of smokey flavor while it cooked. I even threw on a cherry pie to bake after I took off the chicken. The pie was nice and hot after we our dinner.

I just have to say after buying the OTS, it's like discovering BBQ'ing all over again! Great forum here, I've found lots of useful info!

Cheers everyone and happy BBQ'ing this summer!

b3